Forums

Welcome to the Forum page! Create forums and topics you and all your friends to discuss.

Home Forums Show your project! My project, vision, mission

last updated by IVAN2 1 year ago
3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
    Selena
    Participant

Hi! I am Selena. My team mates and I are still brainstorming the name for our project. The vision is to revitalize and revive our small village hamlet named Bara on the mountain Kukavica in South Serbia. The mission is to restore some old traditional clay buildings, to attract younger and older people to come back to live and work there with their families, to help each other, and to create new jobs and a new sustainable community.
    Longer version
    About 15 years ago I had a vision. I saw our small village hamlet and all local people united and in
    synergy in order to prevent further increase of emigrations of young people, poverty, dying of our
    village.
    Our small hamlet is on the mountain and is a part of an bigger village, a little isolated and with poor road
    infrastructure.
    I had an idea to start our family touristic household (in spite of poor infrastructure) so locals could see
    how does it work in reality in our conditions and surroundings.
    Locals were afraid of new things, of taking risks and first thing I had to do is to gain their trust and
    friendship.
    My family and I brought that idea to life and when tourists began to arrive not only from Serbia, but
    from all over the Europe locals understood my idea, mission and vision which I was telling and explaining
    them over the years.
    Now they have more courage to go into the unknown and take a risk as long as we support and help
    each other.
    Now conditions are ideal to go to the next step, to form Albergo diffuso in order to make local and state
    government (even foreign and EU funders) be interested in this project for the purpose of giving us
    support by infrastructure constructing and by giving financial support and that way make local people
    feel safe, not leaving their homes, have certain jobs so they can provide a good life for their families and
    to attract the ones which have already emigrated to come back and renovate their households and join
    in our Albergo diffuso.
    (We are still brainstorming the ideal business model for our project with the tourism expert we hired, but it will be something like scattered hotel or Albergo diffuso)
    I explained them that we need to have high level of quality and variety of touristic products and services,
    high level of quality and variety of agricultural (organic) and hand made products and services.
    I listened, had tolerance, empathy, patience.
    They trust my family and me and I trust them. The most important thing is that I have support from my
    family. We all are one big family.
    This is a great adventure for all of us and sometimes I feel like Alice in
    wonderland .
    What are proposed activities for our Albergo diffuso?
    • Reception desk
    • Accommodation capacity
    • Outdoor and indoor gym
    • Spa and wellness
    • Place for domestic animals
    • Shop of domestic and hand made products and souvenirs
    • Organic fruit and vegetable grocer
    • Small sports field
    • Children*s playroom
    • Bicycle rental
    • Herbal pharmacy and teas
    • At least two large greenhouses with heating for organic cultivation of fruits and vegetables
    (Asparagus)
    • Mushroom and truffle tourism
    • Small botanical garden, spice garden and cactus garden, greenhouse nursery
    • Outdoor kitchen
    • A place to have a campfire and hang out outside
    • Camping site and camping equipment
    • Off-road driving and photo safari
    • Hiking and equipment
    • Hobby workshops: Photography, radio amateurs, handcrafts
    • Old crafts
    • Fruit and vegetable plantations
    • Mushroom production
    • Laboratory for microscopy of plants and fungi
    • Bar; tasting of homemade brandy, liqueur, wine, beer and juices
    • Conference room
    • Library and reading room
    • Hall for creative workshops and handicrafts
    • Cooking and handicraft school
    • Bakers and confectioners
    • Outdoor and indoor cinema
    • Games room: table tennis, billiards, darts
    • Adventure park
    • Autochthonous seed and fruit bank
    • Event organizing
    -Fish pond
    -Old mill
    -…

Justyna Turek
    Participant

Dear Selena, sounds very interesting. Let me know if you would like to chat about the idea or want add another sustainable perspective to it 🙂

Selena
    Participant

Dear Justyna, yes I would like some help and support about my idea. I would like to chat also about sustainability.

Justyna Turek
    Participant

Great, please write your questions so I will know how exactly I can help you 🙂

I led Module 4 – making service prototypes & Curate activities and outcomes (also sustainability). I will be able to help, if your questions relates to my expertise 🙂

IVAN2
    Participant

:mrgreen: 🙂   Hi!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members